Buying a new car always requires some research from the customer side. On average a customer spends almost 3 to 4 months researching the brand, design, technology, cost, history of the vehicle, performance, safety, engine, transmission, customer support, etc. The automobile market nowadays offers different varieties of cars one could possibly imagine. People try to do lots of comparisons between different models in order to get the best deal. But most of them end up being in chaos. In the end, it’s the customer’s decision to buy the car he or she is looking for. The best way to let a customer choose the best is to give him the bird’s eye view of every framework or matrix currently existing in the automobile industry.
Types of Vehicles based upon Resource and it’s Management
Is it fossil fuel, electricity or hydrogen? What kind of energy resources are you looking for? Us humans have been using fossil fuel-based vehicles for ages. And we all know what we have done to our mother nature, the greenhouse gases emitted by these vehicles are the major cause of the greenhouse effect, which has become a global crisis today. This was the main reason that made the automobile industry to come up with new possible energy-efficient solution. The outcome was what we have today, an HEV(hybrid electric vehicle) and PHEV(plug-in hybrid electric vehicle). The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric automobile developed by Toyota and manufactured by the company since 1997. Prius Battery can be charged either through the engine or direct plug-in( in case of PHEV).
Facts about HEV:
- Internal combustion engine(ICE) + Electric propulsion system(EPS)
- ICE can drive motors and charge the battery.
- Battery is also charged from regenerative energy produced after the application of brakes.
- 90% less pollutants.
- Usually, the government provides tax incentives to promote HEVs.
- Low maintenance.
- The batteries for HEV vehicles have an average lifespan of 80,000 to 100,000 miles. For example, the Toyota Prius Hybrid Battery lasts up to 100,000 miles to 150,000 miles.
Facts About PHV:
- HEV(ICE+EPS) + battery can be charged through an external outlet.
- It has inherited all the features and benefits of HEV.
- For most people, electricity is cheap as compared to gasoline hence it is cost-efficient as one can solely depend on external electricity to drive it.
- The Prius Plug-in Hybrid uses the Hybrid Synergy Drive of the standard Prius model, with enhanced capabilities that incorporate a 4.4 kWh lithium-ion battery that significantly expands the all-electric range as compared to the regular Toyota’s Prius Battery, and fully rechargeable from a domestic source.
People are more attracting towards PHEV’s as compared to HEV’s.As it’s seen that PHEV’s are updated and more reliable version of HEV’s. PHEV’s are more eco-friendly than it as they can fully depend on electricity.