People who use hybrid cars and batteries are eco-conscious because these vehicles are fuel-efficient and symbolize green driving. Hybrid batteries enable better fuel usage by helping start a vehicle at lower speeds. Increasing awareness about harmful emissions from automobiles and their effect on the environment is one key reason why hybrid cars are slowly increasing in numbers on the street. However, since the basic chemical composition of these batteries are also toxic and with increase in the number of hybrid vehicles on the roads, the chances of landfills overflowing with such toxic batteries has been raising concerns and debates the world over. The batteries – hybrid or conventional – when they enter the landfills can eventually result in the emission of corrosive and carcinogenic materials into the air.
Honda Hybrid Battery Replacement
Hybrid batteries usually come with a warranty of eight to ten years and 100,000 miles but most hybrid car owners know well that the batteries can give up any time in this warranty period leaving them high and dry. Honda hybrid battery replacement is an expensive and a time-taking process. While it can take anywhere between 5 to 9 hours to get the batteries replaced, the cost of replacement could run into several hundred dollars or more depending on the year of manufacture and the place of replacement.
How to Save Costs When using Hybrid Car Batteries?
Car owners perpetually try different ways and means to save costs of Honda hybrid battery replacement and increase the age of the batteries. Here are few of the best ways to ensure that the hybrid batteries run efficiently through the course of a good number of years:-
- Careful driving is one of the ideal ways to ensure longevity of the car batteries. Slowing down gradually at traffic lights actually helps in charging the Honda hybrid batteries and hence one of the most recommended ways to make the battery super effective. It is also good to maintain a steady speed while driving which saves the battery from the need to work overtime to pump in extra fuel during accelerated speeds.
- It is wise to budget for a replacement and to keep aside money for the same from the first year itself.
- Driving an eco-friendly car can actually be awarded by your state in the form of tax rebates, free parking etc. It is a good idea to enrol for such programs so that you can save money. The carpool lanes can be used to avoid stop and go traffic, again helping make the batteries work effectively.
- The vehicle should go in for repairs whenever deemed fit. In such cases the battery might just need a change of component rather than a complete rehaul. It will also help improve the lifespan of the hybrid battery.
- Get a cost-effective Honda Hybrid battery replacement. Often the replacement at Honda dealers would be steeper than getting it done from a third-party hybrid battery manufacturer. While getting the replacement done from the brand is definitely better, the cost can be quite high and discouraging. The best in this case is to assess and evaluate the third party manufacturers and their offerings well before going in for a replacement. The charges for replacement in this case would surely be less and hence worth the investigation and research.
What is Better – Honda Hybrid Battery Replacement or Refurbishment?
Replaced batteries eventually find their way into the landfills. One of the best ways to stop this is to get the hybrid battery refurbished or reconditioned. In this way you contribute better to keeping the environment green while at the same time save money because replacements are definitely much more expensive than refurbishments. Manufacturers who refurbish hybrid batteries happily offer warranties against their work. They use state-of-the-art equipments and latest technology to remodel the battery and make it working as effectively and efficiently as a new battery.